Sunday, March 15, 2009


Viewing apartments rates alongside internal examinations and job interviews for joy factor. Real Estate agents have a job to do, similar to flight attendants and that's to remind you that you are never going to have what you aspire to so let's cut the crap and send you down economy lane to your potential shoe box home. You always walk in with feelings of hope like a blind date thinking that this could be THE one. Then you leave with your sagging floor plan and feeling of no one understands me bewilderment knowing that it could never be. Today I saw an apartment which was so small I would need to throw away all of my furniture and lose at least 3 kilograms to live comfortably. And then I saw an apartment that was so filthy the tennant I suspect was raised by cockroaches.


When viewing an apartment with the remains of the current tennant still in place, I wonder how some people are actually able to dress themselves and put their own food in their own mouth. I visited one apartment today that still had last night's wine in the glass on the table alongside last night's take away food, half eaten and still in the box. The twenty or so sauce bottles on the kitchen bench were a mystery but the bathroom unfortunately wasn't. Oh My God. Not only was the lid left open to display a toilet never cleaned ever but left me wondering, what the hell are some people eating? So folks, it's a tough world out there when it comes to real estate match making, just remember not to look in the toilet or the dream is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment