Saturday, April 25, 2009


Not a successful day of shopping. I'm loathed to spend more than I need to on makeup. Paying over $30 for sparkly talcum powder seems just plain stupid really when I could be spending that money on something edible I can shove down my face. So I had breakfast at Mr Tulk and settled in with my scrambled eggs and coffee and the newspaper. I like to bring my own paper to cafe's because I'm not fond of pages stuck together with jam or someone else's sourdough crumbs rolling into my lap. I was just coming to the end of the travel section and sizing up the remainder when a junior thing leans over my shoulder and rips the weekend magazine from under my pile and strides off. I looked around but she got away or blended into the crowd. Now even I've made the mistake of newspaper assumptions but have always checked with the nearest occupier as to the ownership before whizzing off with someone's daily read. Such lack of manners I thought. In future I must remember to nail my newspaper to the goddam table before some slip of thing comes takes off with the effing thing.

2 comments:

  1. this story is too good to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've alerted Crime Stoppers and they said they would get back to me.

    ReplyDelete