Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A wife, a home and a film crew



What is it with celebrity families that make them so interesting to watch? Like watching the Hindenburg explode in front of your very eyes reality television and famous families leave me staring at the set like I'm watching something out of control. The more famous the more psychotic seems to be the mantra. Celebrity mom is expecting a baby so not quite so celebrity Dad who clearly had surgery to remove his spine a long time ago rushes around supplying the pain in the arse soon to be parent with her every whim. For an hour I sat there watching someone approach normal every day occurrences with hysterical cries of either Oh My God I'm so..(insert whatever, like we care) or a tirade of I want, I want, I want and I'm going to scream until I want it no more. Fortunately for me I don't actually know who these people are or their claim to fame so therefore have no expectations of them other than to have no household budget, have bad taste in clothing and jewellery pieces bigger than the fluffy dog that regularly pees on the floor. I still can't help wondering if at any point as a celebrity you actually consider that these programs might leave the viewer beginning to question if they still admire you any more and are now perhaps thinking of ways you should be hit in the head with a plank of wood inclusive of rusty nail. Might make a good next episode.

3 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued.... what was the show?

    I ask only because, apart from 'Man Vs Wild' (gotta love Bear Gylls) and 'Spicks and Specks', I don't watch tv shows much any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I envy about celebrities is the amount of cash they seem to have at their disposal. On the other hand, if someone offered me celebrity status in return for $$$, I'd have to turn them down. I have absolutely no interest in being famous and having the world, or most of it, watching my every little move.

    ReplyDelete