Thursday, July 9, 2009

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike



I'd be lying if I said I'd been watching the Tour de France for years. A late convert however I was stunned to realise that SBS had bumped Le Tour for the cricket. The faithful following of Le Tour were sidelined by the sport of cardigan wearers whose idea of fitness is measured by how quickly you can pick up a jam sandwich. The world's biggest event of two wheeled sprinters was sadly sent to SBS2 and replaced by the tour of tea cosies with the French Alpine descents apparently no match against some worn out grass oval and a few tired legless seagulls. Shame on SBS for attempting to force people into purchasing digital set top boxes. Knowing that the average cricket fan would more likely have a doily on the top of the telly rather than any piece of digital technology I will put away my Lycra padded bike pants and get off my bicycle (even if it was nailed to the gym floor it still felt like I was going somewhere).

2 comments:

  1. Tea cosies on the telly, Lorna, hehe. I cannot stand cricket, when my son played the game, I hated going and sitting there forever waiting for nothing, really, to happen. Thankfully it was when he was in primary school and thankfully he only played one season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness, too much washing the lamington stains out of their whites.

    ReplyDelete