Monday, July 13, 2009

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien

Tomorrow is the 14th of July and of course, Bastille Day. I declare tomorrow a day of celebration of all things French. Take some time tomorrow to find an excellent patisserie and start your day with crumbs down the front of your shirt. Drink French wine at lunch and when your boss asks you what you were doing tell him or her you don't speak English today. Talk about (good) food incessantly until your colleagues ears bleed and get a little moist around the eyes when you say the word truffle. I love everything about the French because they have so many rules and they break every one of them. Traffic lights are for those who have no balls, marriage is just a guide and life does not get any better by getting up early. So tomorrow, eat well, break rules and storm whatever your Bastille may be. Bon Chance.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, jour de Bastille!

    I will celebrate the occasion by not showering and walking up to my boss saying, "T'as une tĂȘte a faire sauter les plaques d'egouts!"

    Then after lunch I'll invade Russia.

    C'est tout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect after that remark (something about a head like a plate of sewer?) you'll need a career move. But do send us a postcard. Don't write it in Russian because I don't speak that either but I'm happy to drink vodka to celebrate...something.

    ReplyDelete