Sunday, January 24, 2010

Throw another aussie on the barbie



I fail all things Australian according to the listed Aussie icons in today's papers. I don't like sport so therefore I am unaustralian or should I say austrayan because that's how it's now pronounced. I don't drive a ute, don't drink beer, don't like shorts and thongs, I think barbecued food tastes like the inside of my shoe and "Aussie Aussie Aussie" makes me want to reach for a baseball bat. Is it just me or is there not much on offer for Aussie women here? Getting back to the great Aussie barbecue, what is the male obsession with them? It's all about granite versus stainless steel and I've got more burners than you. Size does matter and she will want me even more for my big rotisserie. It's never about actually preparing a meal, it's more about landing the space shuttle in the backyard. No matter how big the outdoor kitchen appears and no matter how many wok burners you have if you can't cook in the kitchen, throwing food on a hot plate outside doesn't make it any tastier. Maybe that's where the beer comes in! Oi, Oi, Oi...whack!

3 comments:

  1. You forgot the ubiquitous apron with the naked maid on the front or for the high falutin, the one purchased at Piper's Brook winery to show that you have taste while you shuffle the snags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it interesting that you know what the inside of your shoe tastes like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like the reference 'un-Australian'. WTF does it mean?

    ReplyDelete