Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wizz Bang


Appliances are a reminder of why we evolved. If the cave man could have sharpened his tools using an an electric ezy grinder then we would have evolved even faster. I love my kitchen appliances and have strict rules about what is allowed to be displayed on the bench top. The coffee machine is probably my favourite bench top item. It's sleek, European and hell, it even makes coffee. But as it's blood orange season at the moment, the trusty electric juicer wins the prize for the most effective, even if once used, the bench does resemble a massacre. I'm not one to have useless appliances in the house so when unwanted Xmas gifts like popcorn maker (as if!!), rice maker or fondue set attempt to pimp their way onto my kitchen bench, it's off to the goodwill shop we go. What are your favourite appliances...excluding the bedroom drawer!!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't live without my rice cooker, but it's butt ugly so it lives under the sink.

    It's not really an appliance but I couldnt live without my Zyliss garlic crusher. I think it's the best thing I have ever owned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it's garlic rice at your place most nights of the week then?

    ReplyDelete