Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to see Dali - again?



I failed in my second attempt to see the Dali exhibition at the Victorian National Gallery. Again I arrived with hope of a culture infused Sunday only to turn away in refusal to join a snaked queue. When I travel I accept the queue. The queue at the Tate Modern for example is justified. There are lots of people and many tourists who have come to see more Dali than you can poke a melted stick at. So if I miss this one I won't be too fussed, there seems to be sufficient Salvador artwork around the world, come to think of it, I'm sure there's one in the back of my wardrobe somewhere. Not that I don't admire his great work, I just don't think I'll bend over backwards to see this one. Sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Art is always worth lining up for.

    And I bought my tickets online, so no cattle yard for me.

    ReplyDelete